posted on 28.4.09, at 21:04.
I am so sad.
My macbook crashed. Finder and Dock quits unexpectedly at startup. There's nothing I can do to relaunch them. I'm at the risk of losing all my data from Semester 2. Major heart ache :( I'm so used to my macbook that I guess I've taken it for granted. It is almost my life source; now I realise I cant do without it. It must have been karma because I was telling Pei Wen and Cherye how I wanted to change to a macbookpro just yesterday morning, and then it died on me at night. But thank goodness (in a way), it crashed only after my final final final presentation. Spoon for 3D. I also realised that I might have accidentally thrown away my entire macbook box with all the nitty grittys (cds, wires, documents) inside during my home renovation. So chances of salvaging it is so much slimmer. I am an idiot, really.
School's out. There's this sad, lonely, reluctant feeling. When everyone walked separate ways after 3D presentation yesterday, there was this sudden pang of emptiness. I'll miss everyone from school. No more Ina, Gilles, James, BMW, Lucy, XTOH. No more G5. No more animation, photog, film, product classmates. No more CMYK khakis. No more projects to rush like a mad dog, deadlines to meet, braindrains from inspiration; not at least for these next 3 months. No more open lab hotbake vending-machined sandwiches at 3am.
No more S3.1 nights with McDeliveries. No more visiting S3.1 open lab residents. No more S3.1! (Oh my, I am so going to miss that creepy place with perpetually faulty lights.)
No more hall. It was dreadful saying goodbye to Eileen as my roomie for the very last time. And looking back at the empty, vacated, sad room as I saw it just a year ago. Packing things and unearthing stuff that I had kept hidden away reminded me of so many things - all the craziness, good and bad, that happened to me during this past academic year. I've laughed so hard I cried, and cried so hard I laughed in that little room; it has seen the best and worst of me. And ohmygod, now I know I have hell lot of clothes.
I think I feel sadder than when I was leaving any other school previously. Ironically it's only 1/4 of my uni years here and I'm feeling so much for school life. I guess it's because I'm perpetually living in Hall One, ADM and S3.1, so it's more like my home than my actual home home. And I've spent a lot more time with my ADM friends than my own family especially during Sem 2, so much so that I know a lot more about their lives than my own sisters' or parents'. I've never been more distanced from my sisters in my 20 years, I'm guilty.
August 2008 to April 2009 - I've grown and changed and learnt and experienced so much more. Surely a darn memorable ADM foundation year. I've survived it, hated it and loved it all the same.
Happy summer vacation everyone.
Labels: life