<body>


Portfolio
Inspiration
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Formspring
RSS

Ohai my name is Jane, and I am 7x2 but not fourteen.

Archive
12.06 / 01.07 / 03.07 / 04.07 / 08.07 / 09.07 / 10.07 / 11.07 / 12.07 / 01.08 / 02.08 / 03.08 / 04.08 / 05.08 / 06.08 / 07.08 / 08.08 / 09.08 / 10.08 / 11.08 / 12.08 / 01.09 / 02.09 / 03.09 / 04.09 / 05.09 / 06.09 / 07.09 / 08.09 / 09.09 / 10.09 / 11.09 / 12.09 / 01.10 / 03.10 / 07.10 / 09.10 / 02.11 /


© 7x2, 2011


posted on 8.4.09, at 04:28.



Amidst all the projects and crappy pseudo studying, I managed to literally "sweep the graves" for all my ancestors this year. It's been really a long time since I went during the Qing Ming period, since my parents mostly choose the weekdays to pay respects, to beat the crowd and traffic jams. But going there is somehow peaceful and soul-cleansing. Hahah.

Apparently, this year, some creative person decided to add some colour to his or her ancestor's not-so-alive life and stuck a windmill on the grass on the tomb, and from then a trend was born: every few rows away pops another cute windmill happily and ignorantly spinning away in the wind. It kinda diverts the whole gloomy, quiet, solemn graveyard feel to something that embraces death as part of life, and bringing cheer to the people as they come back to pay respects.

Which makes me feel like going back to the Kranji War Memorial, a cemetry honouring WW2 soldiers, as its just so beautiful and peaceful, I feel like I'm in heaven.

Labels: