<body>


Portfolio
Inspiration
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Formspring
RSS

Ohai my name is Jane, and I am 7x2 but not fourteen.

Archive
12.06 / 01.07 / 03.07 / 04.07 / 08.07 / 09.07 / 10.07 / 11.07 / 12.07 / 01.08 / 02.08 / 03.08 / 04.08 / 05.08 / 06.08 / 07.08 / 08.08 / 09.08 / 10.08 / 11.08 / 12.08 / 01.09 / 02.09 / 03.09 / 04.09 / 05.09 / 06.09 / 07.09 / 08.09 / 09.09 / 10.09 / 11.09 / 12.09 / 01.10 / 03.10 / 07.10 / 09.10 / 02.11 /


© 7x2, 2011


posted on 6.1.10, at 23:09.

Hello again everyone! It's been a while. Pardon me for the lack of updates, for I've been pretty lazy after that one crazy helluva semester. So I'm finally uploading more work on this blog. I did some significant projects during this previous semester, so I've got pretty much to blog about now. I hope the messy chronological order won't affect your visual pleasure.


BE THERE OR BE SQUARE

This was an exhibition proposal for our History of Graphic Design class. The zeitgeist was for "Suprematism and Contructivism", so I worked around the idea of celebrating geometric shapes. The first one is a detailed proposal for the exhibition. The second one below is the invitation; it is supposed to contain an envelope of geometric shapes in the form of stickers to allow the recipient free creative play on the invitation itself. Thanks to issuu.com, you can now view them virtually!






TYPOGRAPHY CLASS JOURNALS

And here are the two books that I did for my Typography class with Astrid. The first one is a letter journal, in which we focused on a single letter and documented it. The latter is my process journal.



The night before submission, the two books were printed entirely in school. I have Davier, Ken and Tioranu to thank for their printing credits. THANK YOU LIFE SAVIOURS. The double sided-printing was a bitch. Alignment went wild and I had to trial and error so many times I killed a lot of trees that night. The papers were then painstakingly cut and perfect bound by hand. The white glue barely had enough time to dry! (Which explains why my book is now falling apart, sadly.) Anyway, the hard cover was made of mounting board wrapped with, surprise surprise! Free brown paper from Viscomm Lab! Words were then transferred onto the cover and back using the highly intoxicating xylene on the morning of the submission.

And there you have it, a super low budget but still professional-looking books all in one night!


OTHER WORKS

I didn't actually document all my other individual projects here, so I think the process journal I did for Typography class with Astrid is enough to speak for itself. Hence I'm posting the pages here, so you can see them all at once!



Phew. Okay, Epic Work Update Post done. Coming up, Epic Life Update Post. Stay tuned.

Labels: